There is not much information on the oldest Blinstrubs. The sons of royal nobleman of blazon “Swan” Simon Blinstrub de Towtwil (ID842), Kaspar (ID843) and Peter (ID841) Blinstrubs Olsowski de Towtwil are considered to be the progenitors of Blinstrub family in Great Duchy of Lithuania. They are mentioned as the oldest owners of Alsa or Viduklė Paalsė manor (which later came Blinstrubiškiai manor) and Pašaltuonis-Kulvertiškiai manor, both in Viduklė county. Pašaltuonis manor (or rather lands belonging to the manor) is mentioned as early as 1558 in the inventory of the Batakiai eldership of that year. Oldest Blinstrub patrimony Alsa, or Viduklė Paalsė manor is believed to have been founded or acquired in the middle of the 16th. century. Later, the manor was bequeathed by Kaspars’ son Adam (ID853) and his children. The manor of Pašaltuonis-Kulvertiškiai was inherited by the sons and grandsons of Kaspars’ brother ID841 Peter Blinstrub Olsowski.
It is difficult to confirm whether Simon Blinstrub lived in Samogitia, but the probability is high, because both Blinstrub manors were partialy owned by both of Simon’s sons, Kaspar and Peter Blinstrubs Olsowski. This fact suggests that brothers may have inherited the manors after their father died. In 1558, the inventory of the Batakiai eldership mentions for the first time the owner of the Pašaltuonis-Kulvertiškiai lands, the royal nobleman Blinstrup. This is the oldest known mentioning of Blinstrub family in Great Duchy of Lithuania, its noble family status and lands owned be Blinstrubs in Samogitia. There is a possibility that the mentioned Blinstrub is Simon. However, it could be one of his sons, Peter or Kaspar.
Peter Blinstrub de Towtwil. (ID841 Blinstrub Olsowski). Unfortunately, there is very little information about Simon’s son Peter. Together with his brother Kaspar, he was one of Blinstrub family progenitors in Lithuania. In Raseiniai Land Court book is mentioned the decision of 5 June 1584 on the complaint of Stanislaus Michailovičius and his wife Joana against Peter Blinstrub concerning his attack on the Kapėnai manor belonging to them, near Virvytė river in Biržuvėnai county. In the hearing of the same court on 8 January 1586, it is mentioned that manor of Alsa belongs to Peter Blinstrub Olsowski. However, it seems that at the end of his life, Peter lived on another manor – Pašaltuonis-Kulvertiškiai manor of Viduklė county. In addition, Petras owned some lands around the Viduklė Alsa manor, in the area that at the end of the 16th century was simply called Blinstrubs. A hint of this is given in the act of sale of Peter’s son Sebastian (ID847), mentioned in the Raseiniai Land Court book of 1599, where on 1 June 1599 he sold to Wojtech Vizgirda villages of Petrikaičiai and Dainiai in Blinstrubs in Viduklė county. Also on 22 October 1599, half of the Blinstrubs lands were pledged by Christopher Blinstrub de Chrzczon, son of Michael (W6), to his wife, Darata Stanislavičiūtė Blinstrubienė. This is an interesting fact because, as we know, until 1734-36 the Blinstrubiškiai manor was called Viduklė-Paalsė or Alsa manor, so theese documents refer to a completely different property. Peter died in 1584-1585. Before death he left Pašaltuonis-Kulvertiskiai manor to his sons ID848 Laurentius, ID847 Sebastian, ID839 Stanislaus, ID845 Simon and ID846 Bartholomew. In 1585.09.06 brothers ID848 Sebastian and ID847 Laurentius Towtwilowicz, and on 1600.05.01 brother Simon (ID845) sold their shares in the Pašaltuonis-Kulvertiskiai manor to brother Stanislaus (ID839).
Adam Blinstrub de Towtwil. 1621-22 Deputy of the Samogitian Tribunal, Minsk mandate. Was married with Euphemia Stirneliene. Adam had 4 sons – George (S15), David (S16), Samuel Moses (S17), and John (S18). All of them lived in and ruled the Alsa manor after their father’s Adam death. Samuel Moses chose to live in Aukstaitija. He has married the wealthy landlord Anna Žaltytė Parčevskienė (S31) and moved to Kulva (Kulva Parish), forming in such way the only family’s branch in Aukstaitija. 1604.03.25 Adam bought and connected to the Alsa manor Sujainiai land.
George Blinstrub de Towtwil (S15) together with his other brothers, was an active Calvinist. In 1615 he joined Evangelical university in Marburg and in 1621 university in Frankfurt. Thanks to his education and support of Samogitian nobleman, he became the secretary of the King of Poland and the Grand Duke of Lithuania Wladyslaw IV Vasa and after his death, George became nobleman of King John Casimir Vasa. According to historian Adolfas Šapoka, George Blinstrub, during Swedish Deluge, was the only nobleman who had a document issued by the Swedish general Magnus Gabriel de la Garde, which prohibited the Swedish army from plundering George’s estates and lands in Lithuania (A. Šapoka “Kėdainiai treaty” 1990). George with brothers John, David and Samuel Moses Blinstrubs were signatories of the Kedainiai treaty. George was married with Catherine Firley-Konarska, with whom he got sons John (S20) and Boguslav Peter (S21) and daughters Potencia (S59) and Dorota (S60). In 1631 George was the secretary of the Vilnius Evangelical Sinode, and in 1640 director of Sinode.
John Blinstrub de Towtwil (S18), the secretary of Kings of Poland and Grand Dukes of Lithuania – Sigismund III Vasa, Wladyslaw IV Vasa and John Casimir Vasa. Rotmaster of Sigismund III Vasa. He was also the deputy of Samogitia tribunal in 1640 and 1655 and founder of the Calvinist Chapel of Blinstrubiškiai manor. John Blinstrub was married three times – with Helena Vainiotaitė (S28 m. 1631), Halszka Švykovskaitė Masalskienė (S25) and Anna Margarita Brinkowska (S66), but did not got any son. With Helena Vainiotaitė he had 2 daughters – Kristina Blinstrubaitė (S29), later Odochowska and Maryann Blinstrubaitė, later Niemcziewska (S30). Besides the part of Blinstrubiškiai manor, John owned villages of Milaičiai (Karšuva distr.), Kerbedžiai (Šaukėnai distr.), Numaičiai, Kaderai and Kudaičiai (Šiauduva distr..) which he donated to his daughters to Kristina Blinstrubaite Odochowska and Maryann Blinstrubaitė Niemcziewska in the year 1660. in 1665 Maryann Blinstrubaitė received also from father village of Pamituvis (Veliuona). John’s owned the part of Blinstrubiškiai Manor in 1669, before his death, he donated to brother’s George sons John (S20) and Boguslav Peter (S21).
Samuel Moses Blinstrub de Towtwil (S17 d. 1675). The grown Samuel Moses chose to live in Aukstaitija. He got married to the wealthy landlord Anna Žaltytė Parčevskienė (S31) and moved to Kulva (Kulva Parish). In that way the only Blinstrubs branch in Aukštaitija has formed. Samuel Moses had three wives: his first wife was Anna Žaltytė Blinstrubiene, the second – Halszka Vizgirdaitė Beinartienė Blinstrubienė (S32), the third – Katherine Galmantaitė Blinstrubienė (S33). With Halszka Vizgirdaite he got two sons – Constantine (S34) and Vladislav (S35). With Katherine Galmantaite, Samuel Moses had three sons – Carl (S36), Samuel (S37) and Theodore (S38), as weel as three daughters, Halszka Blinstrubait4 Mitianovienė (S39), Euphemia Blinstrubaitė Varlauskienė (S40) and Joana Blinstrubaitė Varlauskienė (S41) (Source: Testament of Katherine Galmantaitė Blinstrubienė 1676.01.04, Lithuanian National Library).
Samuel Moses Blinstrub became rich by marrying rich widows. 1643 he married the widow of John Parcevsky Anna Žaltytė Parčevskienė (S31). After marriage Samuel Moses Blinstrub received part of Kulva’s estate as a dignitary. Another part of the Kulva estate (Jonava district) and Dijokiškės village Samuel Moses in 1643 July 31 bought from the descendants of the Kulwinski family Peter Jeronim Radziejewski, his wife Jadvyga Mislinskaitė-Kulwieczowa-Radzejewska and her son Waytiekus Kulwinski for 12,000 Polish zloty. The second wife, Halszka Vizgirdaitė Beinartienė, after the wedding in 1652, donated to Samuel Moses the Panevičiai estate (Kaunas distr.), Pajuostis estate (Upytė distr.) and Pašiaušė estate in Samogitia.
David Blinstrub de Towtwil (S16) inherited from father Adam Uģioniai estate. He had 2 sons – Stephen (later killed) and David.